“When in the course of writing events, it becomes necessary for each author to resolve ambiguities over typos. Always assume among the powers of the publishing world, the separate and equal insistence, that manuscript errors are inherently egregious.
“We hold these typos to be self-evident, even though all typos are created equal, that they are unintentionally emboldened by their author with certain ‘mistakable’ rights, that among these are errors, gaffes and the pursuit of embarrassment.”
For beginning writers, or any level writer for that matter, please don’t anguish over making typos. Don’t beat yourself up over them. Understand that typos come with the territory. Instead of feeling disgusted and embarrassed, enjoy them. They can be very entertaining … and they’re easy enough to fix. After all, they’re going to happen no matter what. Editing is usually the procedure where they die a timely death.
Many a typo has been accidentally composed by the best of writers, but they never see the light of the publishing world. Beginning authors never get to say, “See, those writers are seasoned authors … and they make the same mistakes I do! It’s kind of like being a weekend golfer and watching the pros on TV … and how we revel in the mistakes they make! It brings them down to our level of inconsistent expertise.
In December of 2016, I reached a milestone in writing. I penned my 3,000,000th word. Here are some eye-rolling, some embarrassing, some funny typos I made SINCE THEN while writing my Albacron sci-fi series. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
1 – I am a bored member of this organization.
2 – When the headset is plugged into the jack and it turns, the connection is lost. Giggling re-establishes contact.
3 – I turned to see the aircraft go up in a ball of fame.
4 – We crapt back on our hands and knees.
5 – The crowd erupted in shoting.
6 – I truly livered moment to moment.
7 – I will resign my position once my germ is up next year.
8 – Vega and Raya entered and stared at me, their moths dropping open.
9 – Electra turned to see Vega writing on the floor. (writhing)
10. The charge is to pour society. (change – our)
11. I trolled over and staggered to my feet.
12. Which was do we go?
13. Rabidovich picked up his form and jabbed some of the white meat with it.
14. Had our Grand Elite Corps not ceased her family …. (seized)
15. I looked at the doors and determined that they swung wither way.
16. He stared at it and shirted his gaze to mine.
17. Medicine Bow Peak is prominent, and the terrain would make it hard to get two.
18. I was trying to get the police offers out of their cars.
19. I grasped her hand in mint (mine).
20. How can you even say that without creaking a smile?
21. You’re just too funny for worlds.
22. Gemma lifted her can and shoved it back into the sand. (cane)
23. I stared into her yes. (eyes)
24. She sifted her gaze from me to Calypso.
25. In his room, he walked to his bead and reached for the headboard.
26. I leaned toward the small opening and cupped my lips around my mouth. (hands)
27. It quieted enough to hear an aunt crawling.
Click HERE to return to the top.